Friday, March 06, 2015

Dilemma (cont'd 2)

I've made a decision on CH. Today was going to be the day I decide to pull the plug on our friendship, stop making the effort etc. but I've been mulling it over this past week. USHW helped by talking it through with me and I'm going to text her this weekend to try and get her out for lunch or a coffee ASAP.

I still might have to walk away, but I don't want to. I've left GB and DSC by the wayside with pretty much no guilt or worry over the past two years for being shit friends, but I don't want to be jettisoning friends willy-nilly. For starters, my social life is bad enough and the number of people I feel I can talk to is limited. CH can be one of those people if she'd just take some time out for me rather than try and shoehorn everyone into her own plans.

I'm possibly giving CH more leeway because I'm lonely and because there is an element of attraction there (though I know nothing will ever happen). This week especially has been tough - E has been at the forefront of my mind after she posted some good news on Facebook recently. And for some reason yesterday, I spent a lot of time thinking about CAB.

It's kinda weird though - I opened up to her and complained about feeling like an afterthought, about how conversations never seem to happen... and despite a promise that we'd meet for lunch after her holiday (after she'd been super-defensive), the conversation hasn't happened.

Still, I don't want to just walk away, but I'm not that hopeful. Let's see what the weekend brings though.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...