Thursday, July 31, 2014

Bleurgh! (Part 3)

The thing is, I'm perhaps just a little too principled. When it comes to certain things, I have very defined and strong opinions. As mentioned yesterday, I put a lot of faith in people making decisions based on clear logic. I also put a lot of faith in people doing what they say. I've been told, in the past, that I'd make a great people manager  because of these opinions and ideas, but that's not something I'd ever want to explore.

When that doesn't happen and they don't want to listen to me, that really fucks with my head. Literally. Sometimes I think something's not wired properly up there. I wouldn't call it stress, but I wouldn't call it anger either. I really don't know how to describe it.

That happened last year and it really wasn't a good time for me.

KfW2 called me childish today. My attitude was poor in general, but I wasn't stupid enough to direct it towards anyone in work - it was just a bad mood based on the recent events. So, I know where she's coming from but I don't specifically agree with her either - this is just something that's been building up for a few months as I watch my respect and support for my manager slow ebb away as he continually fails to live up to my expectations.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...