Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Oh dear.

For the past week or so, I've been asking MfW or FNG to get in touch with our letting agent. Our contract is due for renewal at the end of this month and I want it sorted ASAP. Part of the problem is that FNG has work commitments that he needs to sort before we can do anything ourselves. Another part of the problem is that MfW is adopting a "fuck 'em" attitude because the letting agent is poor at her job and refuses to answer emails or return phone calls, so MfW is doing the same.

But now FNG is leaving. His work commitments now mean that he is being transferred now-ish rather than next year and we're going to have to find a replacement. I have my doubts about how long he's known this or at least how long he's been trying to get that question answered... we really needed to know this time last week.

Theoretically, we have about three weeks to find a replacement, but MfW is hoping we can wangle an extra month out of the landlord. This is where his "fuck 'em" attitude is dangerous as we're asking favours when he's been immature. Now, we've been good tenants - the only work we've required is because of wear and tear, bills are paid on time, it's only when we deal with the letting agent that MfW is difficult.

The timing is poor though. I have plans for next year that kinda needed sorted by around this time. Extending our lease means that I will be tied into the next lease until the start of October 2015. I might be able to escape a few months early if I am lucky, but it is a risk.

Plus there will be the undoubted headache of having to come to an agreement with MFW about a new flatmate and he will want to revisit the rent allocations. He thinks I'm not paying enough, but doesn't realise that it's because he got the ratios wrong when we last advertised for a new flatmate i.e. NSU. She ended up paying over the odds while both MfW and myself gained a little... but only by about £5 per month.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...