Saturday, July 19, 2014

Looking forward.

As part of the semi-ongoing fitness/exercise thing I'm documenting elsewhere, I was trying to knock the booze on the head for a while, especially after last week's excesses. Then I cracked yesterday and sent GM a text suggesting a few drinks. He's out of town this weekend, so I thought I'd dodged a bullet... for all of about five minutes until S sent a text suggesting the same thing.

I jumped at the opportunity. I often complain about S's friends and how they stifle any chance of a proper conversation, and it would only be myself and S. We ended up in our usual bars and the conversation flowed really well. Off the back of a recent conversation with USHW and my recent chat with MfW, I suggested to S that we (me, S and GM) might try a bit of speed dating for a laugh. He seemed hesitant at first, but when I sold it to him as a night that we treat as a bit of a laugh, not as a speed dating night, he agreed to join in only if I can talk GM into it.

GM is an adventurous sort, so I'm not really seeing any issues in getting GM on-board. The hard part, I think, is actually finding a speed dating or singles night in my home town.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...