Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Oh dear.

It was our annual big day/night out yesterday, but it didn't get off to a good start and was in danger of falling apart rapidly. S cried off with the flu, but that wasn't a huge surprise because he'd had the decency to let me know a few days ago. CH made an about turn on Friday and said that she'd love to come out and would try her best, though it would be unlikely. GB and MF were doing their own thing, though had told KfW2 that they'd make an appearance at some point. Others, like CC were only going to be dropping in.

From a guaranteed dozen or so people, it looked as if it could come down to me and KfW2.

It didn't work out that bad though - KfW2 was in contact with a few people who turned up to see her. It was a couple who were really nice. I hit it off with the female and we spent hours chatting away. She even said that she thought I was fabulous and that she had a girl who I really should meet. Whether anything comes of it remains to be seen... I doubt it though.

Contrast this with GB who, once she came out of her bad mood over KfW2's early departure, asked a patronising sounding question about whether CB was in the pub. The fact that she was able to remember minor details that I'd reported about CB indicates that her uselessness in the whole failed attempt at an introduction last year was her decision rather than just, well, uselessness.

As an aside, I was actually looking for CB as we were in the bar where I first saw her, but if she was there, then she didn't arrive until after I had left.

I think KfW2 was a little shocked at my indifference to GB prior to her arrival, but I really have simply given up where she's concerned. GB and MF kept themselves to themselves yesterday and even though KfW2's friends and I tried to engage them in conversation they were downright ignorant in my opinion.

Regardless of GB's attitudes, I still had a great time - KfW2 is always good company and her friends were really nice as well.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...