Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Homework done.

My preparation for the new fitness/weight loss routine took a big step forward today. I had thought that the so-called nutrition plan that came with the fitness package was a bit light on proper information, but having had a look round , it just seems to be a slightly different take on a standard high protein, low carb diet, and it appears that it's sometimes called the Paleo diet that's mostly common sense: lean meat, lots of fresh veg (avoid starchy ones) and avoid bread, rice, potatoes and as much processed food as you can - including anything marketed as 'diet'.

Chocolate, crisps and fruit juice will be the hardest to give up.

There are plenty of easy to follow low carb, high protein recipes on the internet and there are things on it that might surprise you - bacon, for example.

I also found this page to be helpful - something I wish I could have found a long time ago and, if it is in any way accurate, is something that should be included in my fitness package.

With that in mind, putting together my own eating plan and sticking to it shouldn't be too difficult. That and a bit of portion management and I should be good to go once I go to the supermarket and start shopping.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...