Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The Eye of the Beholder.

Over the past few days, USHW and I have been involved in a somewhat lengthy discussion about looks and physical attraction - specifically about my tastes and identifying a girlfriend from a fuck buddy, for example, based on past posts here. Why, for example, am I far more attracted to CB than MMBF when arguably MMBF ticks more of my boxes (physically)?

It's a prologue to having a conversation with CH and KfW2 regarding any potential match-making they're likely to do, but it was a thought-provoking and interesting conversation.

I know that KfW2 definitely has someone in mind, but CH has also hinted at it (or rather I've inferred that she does based on recent comments).

Both women, if they've been paying attention should have a good idea of my ideal woman. I don't think that I've been backwards in telling people exactly who I want a date with (no, not CB... ) but I don't know if they are taking it seriously, unlike E who managed to pinpoint my type right down one Saturday afternoon in the pub.

While we ultimately came to the same conclusion, I don't think either of us expressed ourselves particularly well... and USHW mentioned some things regarding my female friends that I still can't see (nothing bad - just categorisation based on similar looks).

What I thought was much harder to define were the non-physical attributes. Physically, KfW2 might be as close to my perfect woman as you're likely to find, but it's the personality etc. and other intangible characteristics that have as much, if not more, importance.

I reckon I'd know pretty quickly if I met this person, but asking me to list any criteria has had me scratching my head.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...