Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Urgh.

I got about an hour's sleep last night due to being racked with acid reflux. I suffer a bit from mild doses of it and have done all my adult life, but last night's was excruciating and unstoppable, even with most of a full packet of antacids in me. I felt myself get sick yesterday and I went to sleep last night, only to be woken just after 11PM by NSU coming back into the apartment, shouting at someone down the phone while in the kitchen and then hammering something. It sounded as if she was hitting something with a rolling pin... at 11PM... in an apartment where every sound can be heard.

As a result, I didn't go into work today - not sick, just a last-minute annual leave day - with the intention of catching up on the sleep I lost and chilling out. That went well until NSU arrived back in the apartment as I was dozing, made a huge racket and then a few minutes later, inexplicably started shouting my name.

When I answered my door, she tried to make jokes "there's no need to be so serious" she laughed as she saw my face.

"What do you want?" I asked, clearly pissed off.

She went very quiet. "Were you asleep?"

"Yes, I've had the day off as I didn't sleep well last night. I've been dozing on and off all day."

She looked as if she was going to apologise, but I simply closed my door and tried to get back to sleep. No chance.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...