Sunday, November 17, 2013

*fume*

Over the past few years, KfW2 and I have started our own little tradition of having a day out around Christmas. The first year, it was myself, KfW2, Mr KfW2 and CC. That first year was a really, really fun day and night out. This year, due to KfW2's husband's availability, it's slightly earlier than usual. We opened up invitations to some of our drinking friends - GB, S, GM etc. Maybe I didn't make myself clear when I sent the email, but it was very much a case of "we're going out, so if you are free, please feel free to come along", but people actually complained that the potential dates didn't suit them. That made me angry a bit.

Regardless, we have the day tied down and I'm looking forward to it. Numbers seem to be limited. S has already said he can't go and CH is unlikely to attend (though she promised to after her non-appearance at the last night out). GB and MF will be there, CC will not. Even a smaller crowd, with GB, might turn out to be to my advantage. We're more than likely to have a centralised conversation with less of us there, and that could be dating-centric if I prime KfW2 this week (a conversation I've been meaning to have anyway) and that could lead on to my disappointment over the perceived lack of effort from GB over the CB thing.

I said a while ago either in a post here or directly to USHW that I was going to draw a line under the CB thing, and to a certain extent, I have. But the odd time where she does pop into my head, I still feel annoyed at GB/disappointed at a missed opportunity/inquisitive about why KfW2/CH never asked any Qs about her and angry at myself for not actually trying to talk to her that night in the pub.

I don't do regrets, but I don't ever recall being this angry at myself when something didn't turn out the way I wanted.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...