Sunday, August 19, 2012

News report.


Last night wasn't the entire disaster that I had anticipated given that my friend S's friends were calling the shots. I gambled a little and went into town half an hour early, to see if the brunette was at my favourite pub. She wasn't, but I kinda caught the eye of this blonde girl, who seemed to be waiting for someone. S text and told me where they were headed and with the brunette not being about, I left to meet him.

We had one drink in this other bar and left because it was dead and went to my second favourite bar. It's really tiny, so we had to queue. Who joined the queue a few people back, but the blonde girl... still on her own. We were in the upstairs bar and unsurprisingly, the blonde girl arrived a few moinutes later. She stood at the bar, nursing a pint of Guinness and making eye contact with me again. Beyond standing beside her at the bar, I never did anything. She did seem to strike up a conversation with another bloke who was standing beside me away from the bar and she sounded English, rather than local. After a while though, she moved away from these people, back to the bar, where the eye contact resumed. I didn't do anything about it, bantered with SD's friends and a few girls around me.

No doubt, when I regale others with this story, I will be slapped and told that she was gagging for it, but I think it's odd that someone would go out on their own. In hindsight, I probably should have made a token effort... something tells me that's all it would have taken.

Overall: pat on the back for being pro-active and seeing if the brunette was about. Kick in the arse for not at least opening a conversation with the blonde.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...