Sunday, August 12, 2012

I am too lazy to think of a title.

I made last-minute arrangements to head out with FP last night. I haven't seen him since my birthday, and to be honest, I was so drunk that night, it doesn't really count. Anyway, we ended up at my favourite pub, outside because the weather was so good, and just spent a couple of hours catching up and general taking the piss out of people trying to chat up women and failing (prime example was the guy who was about 5'5" trying to chat up this blonde stunner in heels who was about 5'10").

Regardless, it was getting on in the evening and FP and myself were discussing a brunette woman who appeared to be be slim, going by her jeans, but was wearing a top that made her look, well, not slim. We were having a good laugh about all this (cos she was another one who was getting chatted up by numpties) when we made eye contact and she berated me for not having a drink in my hand.

Around ten minutes later, her friends came and sat down at the bench we were sitting on, leaving no room for the tall brunette, so I motioned for her to sit on my lap... which she did. After a bit of banter back and forth, I gave up my seat for her and FP and myself chatted away with them for a bit. FP's wife came down to give him a lift home and while my original plan was also to leave at this time, things were going well with the brunette girl, so I decided to hang around to see if anything would happen.

Long story short, nothing happened. While she was interested, and while we did end up chatting for about fifteen minutes, she suddenly stopped. Her friends had been making noises about moving on to another bar (even though this was now about ten minutes before closing) and had been playing on their phones, so once they started getting a bit shirty, the brunette simply stopped. She wasn't rude or anything... it was just like there was a switch that went to 'off'. I said my goodbyes to all three women and trundled off home.

This morning, FP has been texting asking for updates and he is pretty surprised that absolutely nothing happened last night. He's not the only one, to be fair! No matter, for the first time in ages, I actually enjoyed the whole chatting up thing. I don't always. I put this down to the fact that the brunette had at least shown some indicators that she was a little interested - tactile etc. so I was able to just get on with the chatting up rather than worry about whether or not I was wasting my time.

4 comments:

Curious Brunette said...

..."just get on with the chatting up rather than worry about whether or not I was wasting my time." - hold that thought! Why is there ever a need to worry that you're wasting your time. If you're enjoying yourself then all's good, even if the evening ends with no action, right?

ruuude said...

Well, the last part of your comment is correct... if you're having fun, then who cares what the end result is? But the thing is, if I'm interested in someone, then I don't particularly enjoy the chatting up bit because I kinda out too much pressure on myself. I guess that's what I really meant rather than worrying about wasting my time.

Curious Brunette said...

I figured that was what you meant. So hold this thought instead "if you're having fun, then who cares what the end result is?" - stop thinking ahead at what might happen, stop putting pressure on yourself for a specific outcome, just enjoy.

ruuude said...

Most of the time, I do, simply because I don't care about the outcome. Saturday was a prime example of that... but sometimes you get invested and that's where it goes wrong.

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...