Monday, December 18, 2023

Pleased to meet you

The night out with KfW2 was, as expected, a great success. It was later than expected. A 1 PM start was first mooted, but by the time we both arrived, it was nearly 4 PM.

I shared my news and she was both incredibly sympathetic and angry at the same time. Sympathetic due to the nature of the news but angry that I hadn't shared with her earlier. That goes back to earlier this year and the fact I only told her about FP's illness literally days before he passed away despite knowing for months. While this time it's different, the life stuff is still unfolding and I deliberately held off from sharing so that I could tell her in person, knowing we had our day out.

And I didn't want to say that I'd been trying to get a hold of her at the start of last week and got no reply.

But, I had a great time, as usual. KfW2 is great company, I value her opinions, advice and viewpoint, and I made sure to tell her that. Some day, I'll need to do it when we're not drinking, because I'm pretty sure she forgets when I tell her that, or that I love her. And I was incredibly drunk by the end of the evening. More drunk than I would have liked. However, that's the price I was willing to pay. I needed the distraction, and it was provided.

But that's only twice we've seen each other this year. I must do better. Maybe we can do something during the Christmas week. Something to ponder, I guess.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...