Thursday, December 21, 2023

DIY SOS

CC called in last night while viewing a house in the area. She's trying out house development as a backup career. Once again, she told me (not advising or suggesting) to do the things I needed to get done to my house. As I think I've blogged about before, it's not that I don't want to get these things done, and I can afford to, it's that I can't get people to give me quotes. I get disheartened, give up for a bit, try again and the cycle repeats.

At this stage, I give up. I value opinions and suggestions. I do not do well with being told, and CC has a form for it. And then, the tone changed. It did become softer, with more suggestions than telling. And the final piece of the puzzle... she'd help me.

I'm all for help. I have ideas about what I want to be done both in terms of functionality, but in terms of aesthetics too. She was impressed with my ideas around decorating, and we parted with the idea that we might meet again in the New Year and see what we could do.

I could get on board with this idea that she would effectively project manage it. She would get experience in project managing work, I'd be paying the money and they would be my ideas. I'd pay her in tea, biccies and dinners. I think this could actually work, though it would be expensive.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...