Monday, June 05, 2023

Memory Lane (revisited).

"Has anyone been to Alsace?" was the question on the forum that I frequent. It was a question that I could answer in the positive. Years ago, just after I met CAB, I went on a trip to visit AM while she studied abroad. There were never any romantic feelings towards AM, but her two travelling companions? Music Friend and QC1. And I'd had a crush on them both at some stage or another.

Both women had boyfriends, though Music Friend's was pretty new on the scene. This would have been after the events described in this post. But that didn't stop Music Friend from being extremely tactile with me. AM was very confused.

When AM and I were out by ourselves shopping or grabbing a coffee, AM was incredulous and kept trying to figure out what Music Friend was playing at. AM kinda suggested I make a move, but I didn't want to. 

"She has a boyfriend, and that's not who I am." AM reluctantly agreed that it would be a dick move, though I could tell she wanted us to get together.

"Plus, I want to see where this CAB thing goes. And she's back home. I don't know that I want to start something long-distance with Music Friend."

So, yeah, a random question on a forum provoked a fond memory of an exciting two weeks of travel to see friends. Oh, and even though I'd started the trip with a small crush on Music Friend, inexplicably, I managed to rekindle my crush on QC1 while I was there.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...