Friday, June 30, 2023

Kiss.

Late yesterday evening, CAB popped into my head. I don't know what triggered it, but it was a memory of one of our first dates. I'd returned from a foreign trip to see AM and QC1 the day before. I think I've blogged about this previously.

This was a Sunday. Back in the day, some school friends and I would head to a quiet bar, out of town and have a drink or two to wind down the weekend. This time, though, it was CAB who phoned. She agreed to pick me up and the arrangements were made. Not long after, BW called for the usual weekend wind-down.

I apologised and explained that CAB had already been on the phone.

She turned up not long after and off we went. It was enjoyable though uneventful. When she dropped me off at home later that evening, she kissed me. It turned into a bit of a snogging session and by the time we parted, the car had well and truly steamed up.

That then provoked another memory of our first date. I'd asked CAB out to lunch. We had a great time and as we parted, we made last-minute plans to meet after work to continue the date. Halfway through the date, CAB got a message that her friend (who had a thing for BW) had been made redundant. She needed a shoulder to cry on, so our date ended. CAB at least asked her friend to give me a lift home.

As I was dropped off, CAB asked that I didn't just run into the house. She got out too and went in for the kiss. If her friend hadn't been in the car, and already impatient, then it would have lasted a lot longer than the few seconds we spent kissing.

So, yeah, unprovoked enjoyable memories.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...