Thursday, August 18, 2022

Ring ring.

Last week, I told KfW2 that I'd call her at the weekend to make arrangements for this week. Tomorrow is our long-awaited night out. I didn't get the chance to call her, but I messaged her on Monday.

"Sorry I didn't call. When are you free? I'll call you."

"I finish work at 5. Call me then."

So I did. No answer. I called a few hours later. No answer. Her voicemail wasn't turned on.

On Tuesday, I called her again after 5 PM. No answer. I sent a text message.

"Going to have a shower. I'll call you after."

So I waited. No phone call.

On Wednesday... you guessed it. I called her. No answer, but this time her voicemail was turned on. I left a message. No reply.

I'm not going to lie. By this stage, I was starting to get angry and frustrated. I was also going back to feeling pessimistic about our friendship. That's been an issue recently. I don't know if it's a symptom of other mental health issues or if there are actual issues within our friendship. I was also starting to think that there was a specific reason she was avoiding contact - that she had double-booked and was afraid to say anything.

She eventually called this morning and we chatted for about 20 minutes. She was just out of her GP's office and on her way to somewhere else. We managed to pick a restaurant and arrange a rough time to meet and she was gone, having arrived wherever she was going (not into work).

This in itself was a little frustrating. I was called when it was convenient for her. Maybe convenient is not the right word, but four phone calls, a voicemail and a few text messages over three days to arrange the details for something we'd already arranged feels off to me. I kinda feel that getting a reply from her was a little more urgent than a snatched conversation when she was driving between appointments, four days later.

Of course, you can guess what's next, can't you? I can't get a fucking reservation at any of the restaurants I want for the times that I want...  because KfW2 can't return a fucking phone call within a decent amount of time.

"Oh, I'm busy with work" was her excuse this morning. "I haven't finished work until 7 PM each night this week."

This is the girl who got a new job for better work/life balance and only three weeks into her new job is working 10+ hour days.

Sigh.

This just feels like a lot more work than it should.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...