Sunday, August 21, 2022

Knowing me, knowing you?

There were a few things that came out of Friday night's conversation. The first was that both KfW2 and CC expect my pay rise request to fail. I think I posted about it around the start of July? To be honest, it's been seven weeks and I've deliberately not chased anyone up on it, to see how good they are at communication. What frustrated me was that they both sat and gave me advice in June, and were very supportive and positive about it. This was all flipped on its head on Friday evening when they both admitted that it was a futile gesture. I mean, could they not have told me at the time? Seems weird that you'd not be upfront about that.

Secondly, they both said that I was argumentative. Was that the word they used? I think it was, but I was practically throwing the beers into me through anger and headaches, so things are a little fuzzy. I don't believe that I am argumentative. I really don't like the conflict. I will question almost everything though. Is that the process?  Why is the process like that? Can it be better/fairer/more transparent?  That kind of thing.

I can't say that I like their description of me. It's a lot more negative than I would like and certainly not my own perception of myself.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...