Friday, July 01, 2022

Thoughts.

I'm still feeling somewhat hungover, if that's the correct wording, from being out with KfW2 last week, and specifically that short time that we were able to spend some time alone. The desire to get her out, to have a night out of our own has greatly intensified, though I wonder if I am holding on to an idea of a friendship that no longer exists? After all, it's at least four years (and more likely five) since we last did something like that.

I tried to get her out again this weekend, but she's got family stuff on. The Crowd are out the following week, possibly with FP, so I invited her out for that. Again, family stuff. Then she starts her new job. I'd be very surprised if I saw her this month.

KfW2 has moved on, professionally, and while she's gone in a direction that doesn't interest me, it kinda has re-awoken a frustration about not being paid as much as I think I deserve (so all the frustrations about Stalky Guy and Brusque Guy have resurfaced even though). 

I think I posted something a while back about talking to my boss, but she's on holiday at the moment, so I won't get a chance to talk to her until next week. And even then, I'm pessimistic about getting the outcome I'd like (a decently sized pay-rise), even if my logic and reasoning are pretty watertight. She can't make the decision... it'll have to go to HR or Finance or something, but she can fight my corner.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...