Friday, June 24, 2022

Tired.

It's been an eventful 24 hours. I got to indulge in my "women in scrubs" perving for reasons that I'll not go into at this point in time. Specifically, a stunning brunette doctor who I was talking to.

I was out with KfW2 and her workmates last night. It was a fun night. Some of her team can be a bit weird, but I was a big hit with the team's female members. I was in one of those moods where I was flirty, cheeky and confident, and I've no idea where that came from. No single women, though.

It was, perhaps unsurprisingly, KfW2 and I as the last people standing, and instantly the dynamic between us changed once the co-workers left for busses, trains and taxis. Where before, we were friendly, it became more tactile, close, and intimate, but in a completely platonic way. Not like it would have been with CH.

We found a quiet spot and chatted. KfW2 voiced concern that she was calling in too many favours. I repeatedly told her that we were friends, and not a series of transactions (which is true, even if I do sometimes complain about the books not balancing) and I would always help out where I can. And I pointed out a few times recently that she's done me a favour/given me advice. She really wasn't convinced though.

Then she asked me about being alone. And did I want to meet someone? A woman? And did I not want kids? And we talked about that for a bit as well, though I did have to remind KfW2 that we've had these conversations before. Sadly, she only had one suggestion: Plenty of Fish, which we've done before with no success, and she was that toasted, I bet she doesn't remember anyway.

It's a little disappointing that she hasn't remembered this from the times we've covered all this before, though she was drunk.

And I told her, with zero ambiguity, that I loved her and that her friendship was extremely valuable to me. A sentiment that she returned. We've said this to each other before, too.

It might only have been 45 minutes, but this is exactly the kind of thing that we haven't had in years. It only seems to happen in pubs, it doesn't happen when we're alone under other circumstances.

I also found a selfie that I took of us. It's out of focus (as was I, last night), but had it been in focus, it would have been a really nice photo of us both. However, I think it gives off the wrong vibe. It has a very couple-y feel to it.

On my way back home from the perving at cute doctors thing, I passed Attractive Neighbour in the street. A nod, a glimmer of recognition on her part and that was it. On any other day, I might have slowed to see if she'd stop for a chat, but I'm operating on three hours of sleep, a hangover that's threatening to kick in, being awake from 5 AM and wanted to get home.

I can barely keep my eyes open, but I fear that the happenings will not end soon and it will be a long day.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...