Sunday, October 08, 2017

What if?

I took CC out for brunch today. It wasn't strictly my idea - I'd have arranged a meal some weeknight, but CC was insistent on having breakfast. So, KfW2, CC and myself found ourselves in a decent cafe late this morning, having a conversation over brunch.

One of the topics was about houses - what we're doing to our respective homes, house moves etc. and CC mentioned that she can literally hear her neighbour's alarm go off in the morning. CC is NOT a morning person, so this was reported as CRIME OF THE CENTURY. KfW2 admitted that she often wondered about her neighbours, despite never hearing them herself. She seemed a little cagey and I wasn't sure what she was getting at. CC did, though... or so she thought.

"You can hear them shag?" she offered.

"Yes... well, no... but we often wondered" she said, coyly.

I took that to mean that she often wondered if the neighbours could hear her having sex rather than the other way around. And it made me a little wistful. It brought back the frustrations of the Tinder bot, the Ideas Girl booty call rejection, my ongoing singleness and maybe, just maybe, a tinge of something about KfW2. On that last point, I might have posted about something similar before (late last year, maybe?), but this was less intense. It was fleeting. We were having a good time, there was no point in dwelling on that. Oh, and maybe a little jealousy that I haven't yet been able to have that dilemma myself?

We paid up and left. As I was travelling with CC, she dragged me into town for an hour or so, where I had the privilege of watching her do some shopping. I think I'd jokingly, to KfW2, referred to this as being the boyfriend without any of the benefits.

I had hoped that we'd stay out longer - find somewhere and sit for a couple of hours. I think KfW2 had thought this as well, but CC had other things to do and she can be a little selfish/single-minded at times. I should have suggested to KfW2 that we sit for an hour before she went home, but I didn't. A missed opportunity, when those opportunities are becoming less frequent.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...