Sunday, June 23, 2013

You have to wonder...

JB messaged me a few weeks ago and asked me to come to her birthday bash. It was slightly out of the blue - JB and I banter away, but I would hardly describe us as close. She was in contact on Friday to confirm and as part of our conversation, suggested that S was invited along so she could matchmake with a friend of hers.

When I turned up to the restaurant last night, she admited that she hadn't been in contact with S, but I should text him. I sent a text suggesting he met us in a bar that he usually frequents, but he declined, having already made other arrangements. He did seem quite insistent that we all (there was about a dozen of us) went and joined him and his friends, which I said was definitely not happening.

I wonder what he'll say tomorrow when I tell him that JB was going to set him up with a girl who turned out to be a very attractive brunette.

It's that kind of thing that has made me be a little more flexible in not automatically saying "no" when something outside of my comfort zone is arranged. Who knows what I've missed out on sometimes by being inflexible and sitting in when called at short notice to go out?

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...