Friday, June 14, 2013

Blogging introspective.

I don't post here as much as I like. Sometimes it's because I simply lose track of the time since I last posted, sometimes I have nothing to say and sometimes, I have something to say, but don't know how to phrase the post. Most of the time I post here, it's because I want to get something off my mind, or I'm thinking things through but have no-one to hand to talk it in a real-time, face to face way, so I get it posted and read it back later. In an ideal world, there might be comments, but I can only recall about half a dozen in seven years of blogging.

It has mixed results, to be honest. Talking it through (with myself) is obviously a very one-sided way of doing things whereas if you're talking it through with other people, then you have two or three different viewpoints and feedback to take on board and process. However, the nature of some of the things I post about here, I'd really not discuss with others.

With that in mind, there are some posts on this blog that I don't think are very accurate to an outsider looking in or are, at best, incomplete. I don't tend to write overly detailed posts - they're mostly short and sweet - 15 minutes of typing and posting that manage to get the gist of what I want to say/figure out. Sometimes, it takes a two way flow of chat before things become clearer. For example, years ago, after I came back from visiting E, my feelings towards her were a bit ambivalent (they always were, to be honest). I had a prolonged chat with USHW by email where I think I eventually figured things out, but I only got to that point because USHW was asking questions that I'd not considered.

This post was prompted by the conversation that DSC and I had the other day about my dating (or lack thereof). It's obviously something that does bug me from time to time, and while we reached no actual conclusion, it did seem at the time that were at least moving forward. Whether we actually were or not is immaterial, because it felt like were were at the time.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...