Sunday, June 09, 2013

*sigh*

The friends thing has been bugging me a little over the past few months. GB, mainly, because of several things, but there are other things going on too. If you ask me for a list of my strengths, one of the things I would list is that I consider myself to be a good friend. I pour a lot into my friendships, and I guess I expect the same off people in return which is why things like the GB "saga" annoy me so much. I've already jettisoned a few people over the past few years because they were taking up too much time for no reward.

For the past few weeks, I've been trying to get S and GM out for a few drinks, but they've always had some excuse. S especially has been frustrating, because he's not hidden the fact that he definitely puts his core group of friends first.

GM is slightly different, but there's no less frustration there given that I've wanted to talk to him about the GB/CB thing, but getting him out has been, IMO, far too difficult.

The KfW2 thing that was supposedly cancelled, was briefly on the cards once more before being ruled out again. I'm trying to find the right opportunity to have a chat with her about FA2 and maybe expand that to the "finding someone" conversation... but most of our talking is done in work, which is not the right environment (though if it did come up, I would chat, otherwise who knows when the opportunity will arise).

What with everyone else maintaining a low profile or being unavailable, I wasn't in the greatest form last night. Following on from my post on Friday I was feeling just a little bit sorry for myself and a little bit lonely. I guess it's something that's been at the back of my mind recently, but the combination of alcohol and mood have made me recognise it for what it is.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...