Thursday, June 13, 2013

"...in the middle of our street"

UF was due to contact the landlord about six weeks ago to confirm that he was leaving the apartment and to ask if it was OK if myself and MfW could stay on and get another tenant in to replace him. Everything went quiet until today when the letting agent called me to ask if we were going to renew the lease.

It became apparent that UF hadn't made any of the contact that he should have done. I should have known really... we ran into similar issues when we last had to move house and UF wasn't very forthcoming with information (he was the landlord's go-to guy with regards to contact).

The landlord also mentioned a slight rent increase and, immediately, MfW is onto property websites to see what others in the complex are paying. I've said before that he appears to judge value on what others pay, not what he thinks things are worth.

It's now looking like a semi-stressful summer instead of something more chilled, which is what I was hoping for.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...