Sunday, August 22, 2010

Meh. And lots of it.

Last night, I kinda got my plans all mis-timed, so ended up spending the majority of the evening at M's girlfriend's gathering. I didn't get to see my mate's band and the thing with NM nearly went un-tested. As it happened, we went to a really new place in town. It's where all the local celebrities hang out, and by Christ, it was horrible. The music was crap, the ambience was zero, the people were idiots. There really were very few positives. I just felt the life getting sucked out of me.

DSC had demanded that I go on the pull last night and after last week, I was really up for it all this week, but after being in that place for an hour and trying to scope out interesting looking women, I really couldn't be arsed. Plus, with no wingman to help me along, I was never going to go out there on my own. Both M and myself contacted G to see if he was going to come join us (and he makes an excellent wingman), but he never returned our texts and calls.

I quit early and, on the way to get a taxi, stopped into the bar where I met NM last week. I bumped into her friend (as she was leaving), but NM was nowhere to be seen. I had a quick drink then went home. DSC was texting me and we had a text chat for about an hour about my general feeling of lethargy.

I woke this morning with that feeling still present, along with something else. I don't know what. Disappointment, perhaps, as this weekend had promised so much but has spectacularly failed to deliver.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...