Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A girly suggestion.

Today, both QC1 and DSC came to me, separately, with the same suggestion. The big idea is that I return to the same bar as last Saturday night and see if Near Miss (NM) is there. I've wondered why they've both made this suggestion. I made it quite plain to both of them that she was fun, good-looking and sexy, and I was very keen to sleep with her last week, but I'm not convinced that she's dating material.

NM lives too far away for starters - at least twenty miles and I don't own a car - and I think she has kids. I've never been too keen on dating someone with kids. I've yet to make my mind up about whether I want kids of my own, so dating someone with kids of their own strikes me as being, I dunno, weird? Hypocritical? Plus, there was a lot of small talk rather than anything deep and meaningful, so I don't actually know her that well.

Anyway, their theory is that if NM is keen, there's a very good chance that she'd return to the same bar to see if I was about. She did seem keen, I will admit. There were hints from her about coming back to mine, and I am interested in her physically. But my own thinking is that if she really is interested enough to go back to the bar to find me, then a simple, no-strings shag or two is not what she's after. This is where my concerns are.

Maybe it's worth showing up to get to know her a bit better anyway, clarify the kids thing? Who knows how things might turn out?

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...