Friday, April 02, 2010

Why is this such a big deal?

This thing with The Date is still weighing on my mind. I’ve already spoken to a few people about it… JB, RA and another acquaintance, but I’m still pre-occupied. There are two people I’d like to discuss this with – AM and A. I’ve sent A a few emails, but she’s very slow at responding this week, and I’m not due to see AM until next Wednesday. The AM timing is ideal, providing she doesn’t cry off again (she has a habit of cancelling at the last minute) as The Date returns on Tuesday from her travels and I was considering getting in contact, possibly one last time, on Wednesday evening.

A’s theory so far is that she’s buying herself some time so as not to appear too keen and I’d really like to believe that this is the case. On the other hand, my other acquaintance suggests that The Date is simply waiting for me to lose interest as she can’t tell me outright that she’s not interested in dating. I think she has a point, but at the same time, contact from The Date is always positive in tone and open, asking questions etc. I don’t believe that’s the action of someone who doesn’t want to be in contact with me.

Of course, all this angst is for nothing if The Date initiates contact herself between now and Wednesday evening, but I’m not expecting that to be honest.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...