Sunday, April 18, 2010

Another weekend passes.

It's been an overall good weekend. Despite my original plans being thwarted somewhat by the Icelandic volcano's eruption, I still managed to make some last minute arrangements that started by with meeting an old school friend, M, for drinks on Friday. It was a good night, as it usually is with M, and I have to say that I was much the worse for wear at the end of proceedings. On Saturday, I met a girl that I've been chatting to online over the past few months. 

We actually met on one of the dating sites I used, albeit in my previous guise months ago when I wasn't taking things too seriously. There's no dating involved, we just chat and have a bit of banter. With my weekend-long plans falling through, I brought forward our plans to meet. That's how I spent Saturday afternoon in the pub with DSC, having a great laugh and a few drinks. 

On Saturday evening, trying to sober up after my alcoholic excesses, I tried the online dating site again. There are a few women on there that have really interesting profiles, that look nice in their pictures and one-by-one, I've been ticking them off my list as I'm having zero luck, with Date No. 1 being the notable exception. So, I attempted to get one of the girls to chat using the on-site IM system, but disappointingly and rather annoyingly, I was completely ignored. As only paying members can chat online, I'm still unsure if this girl (or any of the others) are subscribers or if these people are just extremely rude, without good manners. 

Pessimistically, I think I have to assume that they're just plain rude. I don't mind rejection, so if they want to tell me I'm not their type, I'm all for it, but being ignored completely is just not on. My subscription runs out in about three weeks and that's going to be it for this one site. I'll make a decision afterwards regarding any further online dating. DSC is insisting I join the one she uses, but I don't know. My experiences with the current site are proving too frustrating and disheartening for me to consider jumping in to another one right now.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...