Monday, September 08, 2008

Oh well, what a day.

First off, my laptop died this morning. No big deal... it's just that I need a new AC adapter, but it'll be a few days until that arrives in the post, having already ordered one. I won't be able to use my laptop until then, but it's hardly an inconvenience with my desktop sitting in the corner.

I was due to meet up with a mate at lunchtime for some junk food lunch... Burger King. On my way over, who did I see in the street? RB, that's who. I passed within 5 meters of her, but didn't stop. I don't think she noticed me, but had we had eye contact, I definitely would have stopped for a chat. After all, that's kind of what I've wanted to happen... but the thing is, it's all still in her court so to speak, which is why there'll be no contact until there's eye contact. Is that making sense? It's sounds right in my head, but not when I read it back.

However, the "near miss" with RB prompted various things this afternoon. First of all, the guy I was meeting for lunch didn't know the RB story. In fact, the last time I was speaking to him, I was on my way home from work to prepare for the date which is five weeks ago now. (Is it really that long?) So, he got the entire story. Like everyone else, he seemed dumbfounded that it has ended the way it has.

Also, there was a fair amount of frustration... mainly that I didn't get the eye contact I wanted, but also other feelings that I am unsure of. She looked as good as I remember (albeit in profile) and while I know she's only 5 foot tall, she looked, well, smaller. I guess I'm also thinking that, the way my luck is going, this was my one chance to actually talk to her and that I'll not get another one. Still... I have those other avenues to pursue... Still, I spoke to RA and A about it this afternoon, but I'm not entirely sure I've gotten my head round it all yet.

Speaking of these other avenues, I have a profile on three sites: one on match.com, one on a Facebook application site and another on a 100% free dating site. My match.com profile was written for me by A and is brilliant... very comprehensive. The Facebook thing isn't really anything other than my age etc. and requires no thought and the last one is still a work in progress. I do have my picture up on the latter two, though, hoping for something to come along.

However, after a few weeks activity on the Facebook thing, I've gotten nothing in return. I've 'prodded' seven women to try and start a conversation but nothing's been said in reply, and most of them have been online since. With the last one, I only joined at the weekend so I'm not expecting much (and I'm not seeing much, if I'm being honest... one brunette girl stands out, but that's it), so there's not a lot of activity. I might have to bite the bullet and become a full (i.e. paid up) member of match.com, but that's a last resort for me as everyone appears to be a member of at least two out of the three sites I've mentioned above.

I need something to happen soon.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...