Thursday, September 04, 2008

Get over it already!

In conversation with RA earlier, he asked the question that all the people in the know about the RB thing have asked at one point or another over the past two weeks...

"Have you heard from RB?"

I don't know if they were expecting RB to get in contact again or if this is just politeness, but it did start me thinking...

RB is keen (or she was). RB was single. RB doesn't like being single.

However, logic dictates that RB has been out of the dating scene in a while. After all, if she'd been dating recently, these issues would already be in her thoughts and I suspect she wouldn't have agreed to a date with me and the date wouldn't have gone so well. Whether this means she's rarely approached or rarely takes people up on dates shouldn't matter and is a good thing (can you hear the capitals?) If I do bump into her soon-ish, then it's entirely possible she will re-evaluate us (either as friends or more), especially if we end up having a conversation rather than, for example, her spotting me in town or at the pub. The liklihood of us meeting is small, but if we do, the possibility of me making another good impression on her is fairly good, I think. She won't suddenly change her mind out of the blue... that kind of stuff only happens in Hollywood movies unfortunately.

I can't and won't sit around waiting for that to happen and given my current mindset, I will be looking elsewhere, but I think there's cause for at least a little optimism should I see her again.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...