Sunday, September 07, 2008

Moving forward...

So, I mentioned a few things a while back that I think I needed to address after the RB incident. The major thing is my social life which sucks huge amounts of ass right now. I had been looking forward to heading out last night with FP and his mates (despite the fact I don't particularly like his mates), just to get out of the house and have a laugh for a few hours. Of course, we're dealing with FP here, so there are two things I have to state... he'll quite happily tell me on Tuesday that there are plans for Saturday night, but when I call him to arrange something, everything's left hanging until 30 mins before the taxi's due to arrive. Secondly, because it's FP, the plans he cancels on Friday night are postponed until Saturday, so everything's fucked because he can't reschedule his plans for another night... he has to reschedule for 24 hours later.

That wasn't a huge disaster as there were rumours that our mutual friend, G, was home. Sadly, G never called or texted, but there's a real possibility that I'll see him today if he's about. That'll be someone else I'll have to tell the RB tale to.

I've made this RB thing out to be a big deal, because it is. To me at least. For those that meet girls all the time, this isn't an issue. My friends know that this kind of thing doesn't happen very often so when it does, they do take an interest, because they realise that a girl must have done something right for me to connect with them.

Anyway, the two things I'm considering as a result of the RB fallout is moving out to rented accomodation (something I'd not really considered before as I'd hoped to eventually buy my own place) and some kind of social interaction... using online dating sites to meet new people, not necessarily to form romantic relationships, but just to expand my social circle. It's very early days on these and I might not do any of them, but let's have a look and see what's out there.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...