Sunday, September 14, 2008

A not unpleasant Saturday evening.

In an attempt to increase my social life, I had arranged to head out this weekend with QC1 and her husband. It was my gig... I made the running and offered the suggestions, but when I sent out the 'invite', QC1 replied suggesting a local-ish pub rather than heading into the middle of town which I was unhappy about (and mentioned), but she said that her husband didn't want to go into town. Then, late on, moved the meeting time back half an hour, so all my original plans were scuppered.

Anyway, I had a nice time, though I would have preferred the middle of town. QC1 scoped the bar for potential girls, but there weren't any. QC1 asked for updates on the RB thing, but I had nothing new to say apart from seeing her in town this week and I mentioned that I didn't talk to her because of the lack of eye contact and that the ball is still in RB's court given the finality of her last email.

Then, unexpectedly, SSCW showed up looking rather nice and she was lovely to talk to - not the gruff, unapproachable girl she is to most people in the office. She seems to like me well enough though. She was surprised I was in that bar and suggested that it was the wrong place to pick up women. That's not exactly true, but going to the middle of town would offer more possibilities and SSCW, like most of my female friends, wants me to meet someone.

We left quite early, around midnight, and SSCW offered a point of view that FP had offered the previous evening in the pub, which is that QC1 and her hubby are acting like people much older than they are, what with picking the local-ish pub and leaving early.

Still, it was better than sitting in of a Saturday evening and the half an hour walk home enabled me to sober up a little. On the way back home, I passed by FA2's old house which prompted a little nostalgia mainly of the naked, horizontal kind and I tumbled into bed, falling asleep quickly no doubt due to the combination of alcohol and the walk home.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...