Friday, March 26, 2021

Just stuff.

Over the past few weeks, I've been tasked with putting together a project for our training department. It's supposedly meant to showcase what we've been self-learning for the past few months, but while I've gotten about three quarters of it completed, the last piece has been almost impossible to figure out.

I love learning new things, but I hate learning against the clock, and reading numerous websites to try and help me figure out a solution against a deadline when I have other work priorities is doing nothing but stress me out and cause me concern. I really feel like the past year has taken its toll on me mentally and learning new stuff and retaining the knowledge seems so much more difficult now than it use to when I was younger.

Thankfully, I think it's sorted now, and the presentation for it is next week, so once that is over, that's one less thing to be concerned about.

I probably should take some time off work and recharge, but it seems kinda pointless to do that and sit in the house because the lockdown means I can't go anywhere. I think that's been a big part of the problem over the past year - sitting in front of my PC or the TV on my time off isn't helping because those places are now where I do work, so I'm not recharging.

Arguably I need to get out of the city. Go somewhere foreign or visit friends, but that's months away yet.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...