Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Walking, and talking.

I met with Nerdy Girl last night for a socially distanced outside walk. The last time we'd met, I think we'd done over 6 miles and boy did I suffer for it - aches and pains and blisters. The latter was, mostly I presume, due to my choice of footwear. Last night's choice of footwear was different. I'd hoped better, but I wouldn't know. Most of my footwear is fine for day-to-day use, but seemingly doesn't like it when I suddenly do something a bit more intense... like 6 mile walks with Nerdy Girl.

Last night, there was a different issue: my back. By the time we'd gotten roughly to our halfway place, I needed to sit down. My back was killing me. My feet, though, seemed OK. So we chatted for 20 mins or so and returned. This walk wouldn't be the 6 miler that we'd done previously, but it wouldn't be far off it.

We parted ways at the point where we'd met and I returned home, via Tesco. I was aching all over. It might have been due to the pace - we certainly seemed to be covering the ground quite fast. And what was that? A blister maybe? Well, at least my feet felt better than they did the previous time. 1 blister is an improvement on the 4 or so from before.

And this morning, I have a twinge in my back. But the other aches and pains have been replaced by that feeling you get after exercising. A stiffness and slight ache, but in a good way. 

And the blister.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...