Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Sigh.

It seems that 2021 is continuing on from where 2020 left off. The lockdown is having a real effect on my mental health. My memory seems to be appalling and new things simply aren't sticking. That's unfortunate timing because I am currently undergoing some fairly intensive re-training in work, partly off something that I've been trying to put in motion for years, and party due to some internal restructuring at work that has caused some stress and anxiety.

And I think my tinnitus is getting worse, too.

On top of that, my dad was recently diagnosed with his own memory issues that we're going to have to start managing. He's had memory issues for a few years now, but we kinda assumed it was simply an old age thing, but recently it's gotten a lot worse. He's now on medication that we hope will, at best, slow the deterioration and we supposedly did catch it early, but ultimately it's probably going to get worse and then we'll see what happens.

He has, at least, been vaccinated, so we don't have to worry (as much) about him taking off to visit friends and relatives, as he has done over the past twelve months. He does claim not to remember, but I suspect this is more to do with his stubborn streak than anything else.

Still, I have tentative plans to meet with Nerdy Girl for a socially-distanced walk this weekend. The last time we did this, it ended up being six miles and me getting quite a few blisters. There'll definitely be a change in footwear this time around.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...