Sunday, March 07, 2021

Dream girl

I had a dream last night, focussed on my time at school. Kinda. I was back at school, but my current age. It was a prize giving day or something and for some inexplicable reason I was lined up to do a triathlon as some kind of closing ceremony.

The competitors were due to start one-by-one, so we were lined up in a row. 

But, wait. Who was that ahead of me in the queue? Only a girl that I was friends with, and had a HUGE crush on, at school.

I tapped her on her shoulder and her surprise turned to delight as she saw who it was. We chatted briefly until it was her time to start.

"Can we meet for a drink after?" I asked. It was unclear if I meant this as a platonic or a romantic encounter. 

She smiled and nodded, then off she ran. That's when I woke up.

I think I've posted about this girl before. We were friends during my last years at school, I had a crush (I can't remember what happened first) though I never made a move primarily because of the friendship and my chance passed. 

She disappeared soon after school (barring a few meet ups) and has, to the best of my knowledge, no social media presence. Of all the people I went to school with and currently don't have any contact, she's the one I'd like to meet the most, even though the last time we met, she seemed to be incredibly disinterested in chatting.

So this morning has been tinged a little with nostalgia. I did hunt out a few scanned photos that I had, just to add to the reminiscing.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...