Monday, July 06, 2020

Walk on.

With the good weather threatening to break at any point, Nerdy Girl and I arranged to meet. It's slightly unbalanced... her choice of meeting place is a few hundred metres from her house... but two miles from mine. I toyed with getting the bus or cycling over, but decided against it. I regretted that decision later.

We walked for about 90 minutes and had a pleasant conversation about, well, rubbish really. It really was all small talk. We parted ways back where we met and I started to walk home, except I could feel a blister forming on my foot.

As luck would have it, there was a bus coming up the road, so I jumped on it. Doubly lucky, it actually got to within a quarter of a mile of my house. Result!

I stopped recording as I got on the bus: 6.6 miles, 13,500 steps and 885 calories burned. Had I walked the rest of the way home, that would have been 8 miles.

I got a Chinese on the way home. I'm blaming Nerdy Girl for talking about it while we were walking... and because by the time I got back into the house at 8 PM, I was not starting to cook dinner from scratch.

Ah well... it was nice to get out of the house, to see someone "new" since the lockdown and general get some exercise. My feet are killing me though.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...