Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Just, y'know, stuff.

KfW2 showed up tonight. It was meant to be Sunday, but there were complications. Complications that I meant to ask her about this evening, but with her manic kids in tow, we never got around to having a proper, adult conversation. She was an hour late, however, she brought cake, so all was forgiven.

I did get a hug though, and I'm going to admit, it was difficult to let go. I've admitted in previous posts that I am extremely touch starved and the pandemic/lockdown has only reinforced the loneliness. Sometimes I think that because I am single and live alone that people think I am equipped to deal with this.

And they might be right to an extent. But it doesn't mean that it eventually gets to me too, even with KfW2 visiting.

Ultimately, under the circumstances, it all comes down to being single and lonely again. The pandemic is a reminder that while I do have some good friends, I have no-one of my own to be there, someone to spend evenings with instead of sitting at a PC for 18 hours a day. Someone I can hug for as long as I want without it being weird.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...