Thursday, July 16, 2020

Just stuff about "Just, y'know, stuff".

I should clarify that last night's somewhat melancholy post was not a re-surfacing of the non-platonic feelings regarding KfW2... it was a more general kind of loneliness that I was feeling.

Little touches like her bringing cake (and this morning apologising for not calling round last week per her original timetable) are things that remind me that I want to meet someone who will treat me like that. Who I can treat like that in return without raising eyebrows. Not even FA2, who was my longest relationship, was as thoughtful as KfW2 is.

A year or so ago, I bought KfW2 a little gift of a photo frame with a photo of her and her kids. She wasn't in a great place and had shared with me previously that she was always taking pics and had few of her and her kids. It wasn't expensive - the whole package, including the large photograph, was about a tenner.

And I fretted about that for ages. Was I over-stepping a line? How would that be seen by someone who didn't know us?

Ultimately, I put that aside and gave it to her and she seemed to love it, but it did bother me for longer than it should have.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...