Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Just more random things.

I was going through some messages from a few years ago and they contained a few photos from a school reunion I attended. At the time, USHW had asked me about any crushes I had at a school and I told her a few stories.

There was one girl I remember from school who I'd crushed on. I think I was in 4th year (Year 11), so would have been about 15 or 16 at the time. I saw her in the corridor one day. She was part of my friend's class, so I used him as an "in" to get talking to her. I managed to get her number and call her one night where I made the worst attempt ever in asking someone out. She said "no".

Let's not beat about the bush here, I was fucking appalling with women at school. I'm still appalling with women now, actually. But it was a perfect storm for me with regards making an approach: we had no prior history, she was new to school and the time between first setting eyes on her and getting her number to ask her out was really quick, and no-one else knew I was attracted to her. Additionally, any (negative) side effects of asking her out would be small as we shared no classes etc.

Compare that to the other crushes I had at school that I wanted to act upon but didn't because we had a history and was scared that asking them out would ruin the friendship, or I wasn't part of the crowd to be in a position to date them.

That wasn't really the point of this post. It was the fact that, a few years after we left school and I was out for a few drinks with FP and another school friend (mentioned above) and I was regaling them with the story of me asking out this girl. And it turns out that the girl wasn't new to school at all. She had joined at the same time that I had, and yet, over four years of school, she never once registered with me at all until that one random day in the corridor.

That's what popped into my head earlier when I came across photos of the crush both from school and from the reunion. I'd actually completely forgotten about the phone call as well.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...