Monday, October 07, 2019

Totally random.

Ideas Girl ambled over to talk to me.

"Did you go to the thing on Friday?"

I was confused. How did she know about the thing I was at? Oh. Hang on. She meant our monthly work thing.

"No, I was at something else"

"Ah. I heard some stuff about it. An almighty cock up. I can't name names."

I raised an eyebrow.

"Oh?"

"I can't tell you"

I laughed at her.

"I bet you will."

"I can't say owt here. Text me and I'll let you know."

I picked up my phone and sent her a text, right in front of her.

"I can't believe you would do that!" she declared.

When she went back to her desk, she replied. Someone from work had been making clumsy advances towards her on Friday, via text. IG herself hadn't gone to the monthly event.

"And he's married!" she complained. Wait, was it a complaint? I don't know.

"Do these people not know I'm an incorrigible bachelor?"

And before I could reply:

"He told me he loved me!"

So I asked who it was. IG was tight lipped.

"You know him, so I'm not saying. And he's not the only one. There are three."

Three, eh?

"Ooooh, who are they?"

"They're undateable. That's all you need to know"

"In this company? It's not like you're narrowing it down"

I chuckled to myself and sent her a few texts through the afternoon, teasing her. Then it hit me... her actual confession wasn't what she had originally been talking to me about. Interesting.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...