Thursday, October 03, 2019

Movin' on up. Now?

Maybe I've been imagining things, but I've been semi-expecting an impromptu promotion for a while now. Partly because we've lost some people recently and I'd expect our bosses to try and prevent more losses (they know of my unhappiness about my grade) and partly because my immediate boss said something that made me think he's be trying to get me in the next promotion cycle (that's this month) and his manager giving me knowing looks recently.

Plus... I genuinely think I deserve it. I've outshone Stalky Guy, who has had success handed to him over the past few years but is no better than I am (worse actually, on a day-to-day basis). My results speak for themselves, I just hope that they've gotten to the managers. My workplace is big enough that the political aspect does come into play and having my name seen by the Big Cheeses would be influential.

Any promotions will be announced any time from now until the end of the month, but I'm starting to get butterflies... in a bad way. After convincing myself I was a shoe-ion for the past six weeks, I'm now starting to think the opposite and that's gonna hurt.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...