Wednesday, October 23, 2019

FFS.

For well over a year... nearly two years, I've been angling for a new job. Same boss, just a sideways move. He's told me it's happening. His boss told me it's happening. It just has to be worked out. Two years sounds like a long time, but I'm happy in my current role. It's just that this new one would be a new challenge and get me away from the current set up (including Stalky Guy). It'd mean working with a guy that I used to work with, who I get along with really well.

In fact, the new team have said they'd love to have me on-board. We presented a proposal to the senior boss a few weeks ago around training etc.  and... nothing. Apparently they've put it all on hold until next year.

Until Monday, when I saw a job advert. For the sister team. That would require an interview.

If the interview would be carried out by someone on the team, I'd go for it. They know me. I'd be nervous, sure, but they know my background etc. It's not though. It's to be carried out by a random fella, and the interview is more of an assessment and, quite frankly, it's poor. It's meant to test soft skills (communication to be accurate), but it doesn't.

So, over the past two years, the team has given Stalky Guy a free promotion (and pay rise), and two other guys have been given sideways moves. When it comes to me? No, that door's closed. Do an interview.

That's surely not coincidence. I'm not just being paranoid, am I?

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...