Thursday, June 20, 2019

Sigh.

So we're back being pissed at KfW2 for her professional greediness. She has been asking me to share some of our documentation for use in her new team. We were very innovative, and managed to remove most of the superfluous rubbish so that our paperwork was lean. A few people were involved in doing that over the years, with me as the driving force. She and a few others did help, but their input was minor compared to me being the leader.

Now that KfW2 has a new team, she's using these ideas and presenting them as her own. For this, I have no issues. I'd do exactly the same and it's not like we're losing out. But she's come to me for information around why we made these changes, why we removed entire documents etc. so she can appear knowledgeable.

She asked another question today. I kinda answered it and jokingly asked for her to reward me in our recognition points. I'm doing very well in that this year and if the second half of the year goes the same way as the first, I should be within reach for one of the big prizes at the end of the year - usually an all-expenses paid weekend away.

"I'm not giving you points, you have to give me some for me helping you out behind the boss's back"

To be fair, she did help me out when asked and I did do it behind the boss's back, though I had to fight for it to be at a time that was suitable for me. Additionally, I only needed the help because KfW2 never wrote anything down. There was no training documentation, no reference material. I had to force her to create a shared space to store and share all the information as she was a single point of failure for the project. She wanted it to be that way because of the favouritism within the team. Completing the project would have gained her kudos and contributed greatly to a promotion, so she wanted to maintain control of it as the senior developer.

I don't blame her for wanting the kudos... I want recognition for doing my work to an excellent standard. I just think it's a bit off that she views the recognition as a zero sum game... and seemingly still does despite working in a separate team and department. I'm her friend, it's not like I'm a distant co-worker.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...