Friday, June 14, 2019

Bus wanker!

I lost my wallet today... more specifically, I left it on the bus when I sat in a daydream and jumped up when I realised it was my stop.

Usually, I put my wallet back in my pocket after swiping onto the bus, but today I was distracted by the weather app on my phone. I need it to be dry for about a week. I'm not exaggerating when I saw the grass in my back garden it knee high, but I can't tackle it until it's dry.

So I plonked myself down on the seat on the bus, peering at my phone, with the wallet sitting on the seat next to me.  When I got up to leave, the wallet stayed where it was

Luckily, there was no cash in the wallet - I rarely carry cash these days. So even if I don't get the wallet back, I'll be out maybe £25 of journeys left on my travel pass and the cost of a new wallet. All my cards have been cancelled, though there was no activity on any of them.

All the new cards should arrive within a week, so I have the ability, thanks to my bank's mobile app, to left cash, so I'm not massively inconvenienced.

Still, it's a distraction that I can do without.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...