Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Big sigh.

I am exhausted.

A year ago, KfW2 moved to another team due to a promotion. In her wake, she left a massive technical upgrade project that she had been running for a year. None of it was documented - all the information was in emails or in her head or in scribbled notes.

KfW2 has never been great at documenting or sharing information. I was tasked with taking over and I was immediately stressed due to the scope and complexity of the project. I had panic attacks and told my boss how stressed I was.

After six weeks of finalising the work and being stressed the entire time, the project was put on hold, three weeks before the deadline. While I was glad to catch my breath and see the back of the project and the incompetent project manager, I just wanted it to finish so I could forget about it for good.

Since then, I've chipped away at it, getting pieces in place, writing up training packages, "how to" documents etc. with little or no thanks. Well, in two weeks time, the project will be over and the final bit will be delivered.

I was fine until a week ago until someone else that I have to deal with started asking questions. Questions that they should already know the answer to. That's kicked in the stress again. I've worked long days, updating all the documents to include as much information as I can. I've chaired a dozen or so meetings, to ensure that everyone knows what they're meant to be doing.

And yet, I can't shake the feeling that no-one's paying attention. You ever get that feeling where you keep asking people if they've any questions and no-one raises their hand even though you know they don't understand you? That's how I feel. Stressed and frustrated.

Two weeks can't come quick enough... but simultaneously I don't know if there's enough time to get everything done.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...