Saturday, June 16, 2018

Exhaustion.

A few days ago, I suggested to KfW2 that I'd give her a hand looking after her kids. She's due to be out and about, but has spent most of the night awake, for work. She did something similar recently that completely wiped her out.

So, I thought I'd do her a favour. And then I changed my mind. Partly because I have stuff to do today (that's not watching the World Cup) plus, in KfW2's world, I have to get to her to do her a favour.

I had two options - get to KfW2's house within an hour or have a little more time, but meet her closer to where she'd be this afternoon.

And that, primarily, is why I didn't go. Maybe it's a little selfish - an hour's travel and £10 in bus fares isn't a lot, though KfW2 could have picked me up by adding ten minutes each way to her journey.

I heard it in her voice that she's disappointed I'm not going. She's absolutely exhausted and the kids will be a handful.

Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat, and have been for probably about two months now. I'm mentally shattered. My concentration is practically zero. My memory is shot. I spoke about it to KfW2 weeks ago, but since then, she's been more vocal about how tired she is.

This is slightly amusing and frustrating at the same time. A while ago, KfW2 complained about how her husband always tried to out-do her if she complained about something. If KfW2 had a headache, her husband had a migraine etc. I kinda feel like KfW2 is doing that. She's been so quick to tell me how tired she is etc. that I haven't had a chance to tell her that I'm still in as bad a state as I was a few months ago.

I need some time off, and I have some booked, but that's nearly three weeks away and I don't have the chance before then to take any.

I am looking forward to that time off, though.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...