Thursday, May 11, 2017

Grrr...

Yesterday was a very KfW2 day. She's very busy at the moment with a massive and important project. However, her family commitments and our company's flexible working arrangements mean that she's not often in the office.

So she finally makes it into the office, nearly 40 minutes late. That's not a massive problem because we can make up the time at a later stage. She then spends over an hour trying to find her phone using various online tools. This is after me telling her where it is, after she told me her whereabouts all the previous day.

Then it's lunchtime. We go for a walk. She's clearly frazzled. It's been a tough ten days for her, with various family emergencies going on, news breaking and the like. But rather than just enjoy the fresh air, she's in a rush to get back to her desk. She's busy, she says.

Then I go in to four hours of meetings in the afternoon. She sends an IM near the end of my last meeting:

"Let's take a break."

I agree and suggest an outdoors lap of the building for some sun and fresh air.

"No, I can't take that long, I'm really busy"

We adjourn to the canteen where we sit for half an hour - much longer than a lap of the building would have taken. Then she rushes back to her desk and spends another half an hour having an argument with her husband over various phones.

I've complained about it before - her claims to be busy (she really is, I understand that), but I don't understand the other stuff that takes her away from it. Having a coffee in the sun and chatting might help ease her mind a bit and stop the stress, but she rushes away from something like that. However, somewhat pointless time-wasting is a priority.

KfW2 is one of my closest friends and I love her for it, but she can be frustrating at times.

Can't that be said about most close friends though?

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...