Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Tentative steps.

I was hoping to get on the scales this week, to take some measurements and start the journey to being able to fit into my summer wardrobe. I don't know what the numbers are but I feel fat*.

CC asked me if I wanted to go for a walk yesterday. I initially agreed, but once I get back into the house, I cancelled. I've been very lethargic recently and the recent work-thing from Friday is kinda stressing me out a little.

I realise that exercise will help with the stress and the recurring sleepless nights (yup, they're back), but I can't get the motivation for walking never mind some of the more strenuous stuff I've been planning like yoga and some light weight work.

There's also the issue of my shoulder that I somehow injured back in November and my long-term achilles tendon problem that seems sorted, but gives me a scare at least once per week with an odd twinge. I'm afraid to do anything more strenuous than walking in case the injuries come back, which would be a massive set back and hugely demoralising.

Saying that, I did go for a walk tonight with CC. 2.75 miles and supposedly around 371 calories. Maybe this is the start? Maybe work the yoga gently in, before slowly moving on to the more strenuous stuff?

*I think the numbers on the scales will be higher than they've ever been, when I finally get around to it (220lbs was my previous heaviest).

1 comment:

USHW said...

Tentative steps maybe, but yes, it's a start. Easing yourself in slowly is better than not at all :)

Bite the bullet and jump on those scales anyway though. Even if you're not ready to launch yourself into a full on get fit regime you should be able to get the figure moving in a downward direction with dietary changes you've talked about previously.

You don't even need to implement all of those together either. Maybe start by cutting out one or two junk foods, and upping your water intake.

You can do this :)

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...