Sunday, April 23, 2017

Goals.

My fitness tracker arrived at the end of the week and I've been playing around with it a little. I can't get it to connect to my health tracker, MapMyFitness, but it connects easily enough to the phone and its own app.

I don't know what would be more annoying - that it didn't connect at all, or that it does connect intermittently but I can't figure out what causes that to happen.

Seamless connection to MapMyFitness would be brilliant. I think it's something to do with the Bluetooth chip in it, but I can't be certain.

I also broke out the scales a few minutes ago and stepped on them with dread. I was fully expecting to see me register my heaviest weight ever. I feel heavier. My clothes don't fit as well, even the looser ones.

Surprisingly, that wasn't the case. 219 lbs is not good by any stretch of the imagination, but it's not the 221 lbs that I was a few years ago when I first took up DDP Yoga.

As before, the numeric goal/stage one is roughly 196 lbs. 14 stone. 89 kg. Once I hit that stage, then I'll re-evaluate where I am. It could be that I fit in my clothes at that stage and feel good (and feeling good is the goal rather than the numeric target), then it'll be maintenance. If not, then I'll come up with a new (numeric) goal.

There are no real time scales (though I do have half an eye on a potential foreign trip around August).

So, roughly 23 lbs or 1.5 stone or 10 kg.

That's not hard, is it?

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...